Do you want to promote an industrial PhD?
Want to foster an Industrial Doctorate?
Companies, institutions and research groups
All industrial doctorate projects must have at least one representative from the academic and business spheres..
These grant beneficiaries of the Industrial Doctorates Plan call include research organisations, specifically the public and private universities in the Catalan university system, research centres, technology centres and hospital foundations located in Catalonia.
In cases where the research centres, technology centres and hospital foundations are applicants, the collaboration agreement should also be signed by the university in the Catalan university system where the candidate is to enrol for thesis supervision.
The thesis supervisor must be a member of a valid SGR group, an ICREA researcher or a beneficiary of a European Research Council (ERC) grant.
Businesses are eligible to be grant beneficiaries of the Industrial Doctorates Plan call, provided that they are not research institutions.
Companies/institutions must comply with the following:
• Appoint a business manager of the project (tutor).
•Hiring of the doctoral student for the 4 years of duration of the grant
•Minimum annual gross salary of the doctoral student of 22,000 euros (on average).
Co-funding type of financing (DI-COF)
Co-funding type of financing (DI-COF) The business sphere entity's place of work must be located in Catalonia.
Specific funding type of financing (DI-ESP)
Specific funding type of financing (DI-ESP) The business sphere entity's place of work may be located in or outside Catalonia.
The following are eligible to apply for funding:
- Private companies and public corporations belonging to or linked to the public sector.
- Foundations and non-profit associations, local, regional or national public bodies, consortia whose majority shareholders are public bodies, and town councils.
The following are not eligible:
- Ministries, delegations and regional services of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Research institutions and their subsidiary companies.
- Centres affiliated to universities.
The collaboration agreement signed between the university and the company will explicitly regulate, at least, the following aspects:
- The specific conditions of the employment contract: remuneration, length of contract, etc. If the project imposes any other contractual obligations on the doctorand, these must be stated in the collaboration agreement.
- The time the doctorand spends at the company and at the university, research centre or hospital foundation facilities, if appropriate.
- The terms referring to intellectual and industrial property rights.
- The name of the people responsible from the university, research centre or hospital foundation, and the company.
- The terms of the financing of the training and the specific project financing (such as consumables, equipment, etc.).
- The mechanisms for monitoring the progress of the projects and tasks carried out by the researcher in training.
- The conditions related to the rights of the doctorand to publish his or her research results during the training period or the development of the doctoral thesis.
- The terms referring to mobility and attendance at congresses, workshops and the like.
- Whether the enactment of the agreement is dependent on the attainment of co-funding or specific funding under the Industrial Doctorates Plan.
- The period covered by the agreement.
- If more than one entity is involved from the academic or business sphere, a distribution agreement between the parties regarding the call's funding.
- If the doctorand will be required to carry out any teaching duties, the terms and conditions of these duties must be stated so they can be approved by both the university and the company.
The agreement must also include the following two annexes:
— Annex 1: brief description of the research project
— Annex 2: proposed work plan
These two annexes must contain the approval of the following staff at the university where the doctorand is enrolled: dean or vice dean of research, director or head of the doctoral school, director of the doctoral programme academic committee.
Desenvolupament d’un captador de CO2 atmosfèric tipus DAC
El diòxid de carboni (CO₂) produït per la crema de combustibles fòssils encara s’allibera majoritàriament a l’atmosfera, i l’augment de
Aplicació d’eines de la intel·ligència artificial per la gestió optimitzada de l’etap de l’ampolla
ANTECEDENTS: El projecte s’emmarca dins de l’estratègia per part del Consorci d’Aigües de Tarragona (CAT) per digitalitzar el cicle de
Industrial doctorate in analysis of risks, impacts and resilience of critical infrastructures in the face of extreme climate events linked to climate change
The present proposal of Industrial Doctorate (DI) proposes to carry out a research project lasting 3-4 years in
Development and control of a high power density charger for electric vehicles
Due to greenhouse gas emissions, together with the scarcity of fossils will make them in the near future